Tuesday, February 28, 2012

28.2.12

Hey Guys,

I have some good news and bad news.
The good news is my first world cup experience was amazing. Stoneham had a great course, Quebec was a beautiful city and our hotel was awesome.



On my first day of training I took a hard knuckle coming down on my hand hard. It had swollen up a fair bit, but I didnt think much of it. By the time contest day came around a snow storm had arrived, but I didnt let that effect me. I ended up winning my heat and took the third highest score for the day! I was straight through to finals. Yet finals day was full of wind and after a difficult practice I wasnt ale to put down the run I wanted. I finished in 6th place which I am really happy with!




The bad news is my hand is now in a splint, I have a fractured ring finger and the doctor suspects I have broken bone in my hand. I got an MRI this morning and am waiting on the results now. I am hoping to be back on snow in the next week to start training for Junior World cup held in Spain this March.

I'll keep you posted with my recovery!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment